Veggie entrees paired with Fresh Mozzarella have grown by 41% over the past four years according to Datassentials. This recipe roasts eggplant to create a healthy twist to a traditional favorite.
4 slices Roasted eggplant slices (see recipe)
4 oz. (1/2 cup) Red sauce, prepared
1/2 oz. (1 tbsp.) Parmesan breadcrumbs (see recipe)
1 Basil sprig, fresh
32 oz. (32 slices) Eggplant, fresh, 1/2-inch thick (about 1 oz. each)
2 oz. (1/4 cup) Breadcrumbs
1 oz. (2 tbsp.) Butter, melted
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning blend, dried
1 tbsp. Parsley, fresh, minced
Roasted Eggplant Parmesan with Fresh Mozzarella
- Alternate 5 slices Grande Cepponelli Fresh Mozzarella and 4 Roasted Eggplant Slices in an individual-size baking dish.
- Spoon 4 oz. red sauce over the top and sides of eggplant; top with 1/2 oz. Parmesan Breadcrumbs.
- Bake in an impingement oven at 450°F for 5 to 6 minutes, at 450°F in a deck oven for 10 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with 1 basil sprig.
Roasted Eggplant Slices
Yield: 32 Slices (8 entrees)
- Brush eggplant slices lightly with olive oil on both sides; arrange on 2 half-size sheet pans.
- Roast in an impingement oven at 450°F for 9 to 10 minutes, in a deck oven at 450°F for 15 to 18 minutes. Cover and chill to hold.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until evenly blended. Reserve.