Characteristics: Sticky mass, slack, no structure
- Too much water in the dough.
- Flour with a low protein content and high hydration.
- When hydration is higher than 70% and the water added all at once.
- Oil added at the beginning of the mixing process.
- Not enough mixing time.
How to fix it:
- Decrease the amount of water in the recipe.
- Use adequate flour, higher protein content.
- Add 80% of the total water and the remaining slowly.
- Add the oil 5 to 7 minutes before the end of the mixing process.
- Mixing the dough for a minimum of 12 minutes