IngredientsClassic Cheesecake Yield: One 10-inch cheesecake
- 6 1/2 oz. (1 2/3 cups) Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 oz. (1/4 cup) Granulated sugar
- 2 oz. (1/4 cup) Butter, melted
- 1 lb. Grande Ricotta Cheese
- 1 lb. Cream cheese, softened
- 7 oz. (1 cup) Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. Lemon peel, freshly grated
- 1 oz. (2 tbsp.) Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 5 Fresh large eggs
- Combine Graham cracker crumbs, 2 oz. sugar and 2 oz. butter. Press evenly in bottom and 1 inch up side of 10-inch spring form pan. Bake in conventional oven at 350°F for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and place pan on 14-inch square of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- In mixer, beat Grande Ricotta Cheese on low 30 seconds. Add 4 oz. cream cheese; beat until blended and smooth. Scrape side of bowl. Beat in remaining cream cheese. Beat in 7 oz. sugar, the lemon peel and juice until combined; scrape side of bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time on low speed until smooth, scraping side of bowl halfway through mixing. Pour into prebaked crust; smooth filling with spatula. Fold up sides of foil around pan.
- Place cheesecake in large roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until water is about halfway up sides of spring form pan. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes or until outer edge is set and center 3 inches jiggle. Remove from water bath to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.