INGREDIENTSRicotta, Beet & Walnut Salad
- 2 Red beets
- 5.5 oz. Grande Ricotta Prima Dolce®, 3 slices about 1/2" thick
- 1 – 2 tbsp. Walnut pieces
- 3 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Mixed greens
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Balsamic glaze, to drizzle
DIRECTIONSRicotta, Beet & Walnut Salad
- Wash and scrub beets, then place in shallow baking pan and roast for 30-45 minutes at 325°F, or until knife easily penetrates. Peel the beets and set aside to cool. Once cool, slice beets.
- Cut the Grande Ricotta Prima Dolce® into 1/2" thick slices, then use a cookie cutter to cut circles of the approximate diameter of the beets.
- Lightly pan fry the walnut pieces in 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or roast in shallow baking pan until fragrant, taking care not to burn the walnuts. Allow to cool.
- Toss mixed greens with 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To assemble, place mixed greens on plate. Arrange slices of Grande Ricotta Prima Dolce® and beets in alternate layers, taking care to not touch the visible edge of the ricotta to the beets. Sprinkle with walnuts and season with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle with balsamic glaze if desire.