INGREDIENTSAsiago Macaroni & Cheese Yield: 3 to 4 servings
- 16 oz. Penne pasta, cooked al dente, drained
- 3 tbsp. Butter, unsalted
- 4 cups Milk
- 3 cups Grande Mozzarella Asiago Blend, shredded
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 oz. Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 oz. Onion, diced
DIRECTIONSAsiago Macaroni & Cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Slowly pour in milk while stirring. Stir frequently until it comes to a boil. Add cheese mixture in small amounts at a time. Continue stirring until sauce thickens.
- In a separate sauté pan cook bacon until crisp, then crumble. Add to pan butter, onions and garlic. Cook until transparent.
- Mix pasta and cheese sauce. Top with bacon, onion and garlic mixture. Serve.
- Optional: Add fresh basil once baked for extra flavor.