INGREDIENTSBurrata Sausage and Pepper Calzone Yield: One calzone
- 8 oz. (1 each) Pizza dough, 9-inch round
- 3 oz. (3/4 cup) Spicy Italian sausage topping, fully cooked
- 1 1/2 oz. (1/3 cup) Red, orange and green bell peppers fajita sliced, sautéed
- 1/4 oz. (1 tbsp.) Yellow onions, fajita cut, caramelized
- 1 Grande Burrata ball, cut into 4 slices
- Olive oil, as needed
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Black pepper, as needed
- 2 oz. (1/4 cup) Spicy marinara sauce, warm
DIRECTIONSBurrata Sausage and Pepper Calzone
- Arrange 3 oz. Italian sausage in center of dough; top with 1 1/2 oz. sautéed peppers, 1/4 oz. caramelized onions and Grande Burrata slices.
- Fold dough over filling, forming a half-moon shape; seal edges. Cut steam vents; brush dough lightly with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake at 450°F for 8 to 9 minutes in an impingement oven, at 450°F for 12 to 15 minutes in a deck oven or until golden.
- Serve with 2 oz. marinara sauce portioned in a ramekin.