Fumella Vodka Pizza Yield: One 14" Pizza
- 14 oz. Pizza dough ball, slacked
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic, granulated
- 10 oz. Grande Fumella Smoked Mozzarella
- 6 oz. Vodka Sauce (see recipe)
- 2 tsp. Grande Romano, grated
- Fresh basil, chopped to garnish
Fumella Vodka Pizza
- Stretch pizza dough to 14” round.
- Spread 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil evenly over crust, top with 1 tsp. garlic, 10 oz. Grande Fumella and 6 oz. vodka sauce.
- Bake at 500°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
- Remove pizza from oven, top with 2 tsp. grated Grande Romano and basil. Cut into slices and serve.
Vodka Sauce Yield: One 14" Pizza
- 2 oz. Super heavy tomato sauce or paste
- 8-10 oz. Fine ground tomatoes
- 1/4 oz. Olive oil
- 1 1/2 oz. Vodka
- 2 oz. Heavy cream
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Blend 2 oz. tomato sauce or paste and 8 to 10 oz. tomatoes using an immersion blender.
- In a medium to large sauté pan, slightly heat 1/4 oz. olive oil.
- Place the tomato sauce into the sauté pan and stir for about 2 minutes until simmering.
- Carefully add 1 1/2 oz. vodka into the pan and allow the alcohol to burn off. Adding vodka to simmering tomato sauce prevents a bitter flavor from the vodka.
- Once the alcohol has burned off, add 2 oz. heavy cream and continue stirring until the sauce becomes light pink to orange.
- Cook the sauce down a bit, but don’t let the sauce break and separate.
- Add salt and pepper to the sauce.
- Let the sauce cool before adding it to a pizza before baking.