INGREDIENTSMeatball Patty Melt Yield: One sandwich
- 5 oz. (1 each) Jumbo Meatballs, chilled (see recipe)
- As needed Salt and black pepper
- 2 slices Italian bread slices
- 1/2 oz. (1 tbsp.) Garlic butter, melted
- 1 slice Grande® Sliced Mozzarella
- 1 oz. (3 tbsp.) Caramelized onions
- 1/2 oz. (2 tbsp.) Pepperoncini pepper slices, drained
- 2 oz. (1/4 cup) Marinara sauce, warm
DIRECTIONSMeatball Patty Melt
- Place 1 Jumbo Meatball Patty on an oiled flat top griddle. Using a spatula, smash into a thin burger-size patty. Cook over medium heat on both sides until fully cooked. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Brush outer surfaces of 2 bread slices with garlic butter. Layer 1 cooked meatball patty on bottom slice of bread; top with 1 slice Grande® Sliced Mozzarella Cheese, 1 oz. caramelized onions and 1/2 oz. pepperoncini pepper slices. Close with top slice of bread. Grill patty melt on a flat-top griddle over medium heat on both sides until bread is golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Slice sandwich in half and plate with 2 oz. marinara sauce portioned in a ramekin.