INGREDIENTSPizza Beignets Yield: 20 (1 1/4 oz.) beignets
- 16 oz. Pizza dough ball
- 6 oz. Grande 50/50 Blend, shredded
- 6 oz. Grande Aged Provolone, divided into 20 squares
- 40 pieces Sliced pepperoni
- 1 oz. Grated Grande Parmesan
- 1 cup Pizza sauce, warm
- Roll out dough to 1/8" thick on a lightly floured surface. Rolled-out dough will be approximately 14" in diameter. Cut into 16 strips 2" wide by 4" long, reserving trimmed dough. Combine dough trimmings and roll out to 1/8" thick. Cut into 4 more 2" x 4" strips.
- For each strip of dough: sprinkle with 1/3 oz. Grande 50/50 Blend; lay 1 Grande Provolone square over blend in center of strip; lay 2 slices pepperoni over Grande Provolone.
- Fold long ends of dough strips over pepperoni and pinch together to seal. Pinch together open edges of dough to seal. Place on a lightly floured sheet pan, wrap in plastic and reserve under refrigeration until ready to cook (may be held for 24 hours).
- Fry beignets in a 350°F fryer for 31/2 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Drain, plate and dust with 1 oz. Parmesan. Serve with 1/4 cup pizza sauce for dipping.