IngredientsUpside Down Sicilian Yield: One 12" x 18" Sicilian Pizza
- 36 oz. Pizza dough ball, slacked
- 12 oz. (12 slices) Grande Avorio® Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- 9 oz. Tomato sauce, prepared
- Grande Parmesan, grated, to taste
- Oregano, dried, to taste
- Garlic oil, to drizzle
DirectionsUpside Down Sicilian
- Slice 12 oz. Grande Avorio® into 12 slices.
- Coat 12-inch x 18-inch pan with a generous amount of oil.
- Place dough, top side up, in pan. Press out evenly making sure the top has a small amount of fat.
- Allow dough to rise at room temperature for one hour.
- Gently stretch dough to the corners, allow dough to rise for another 30 to 60 minutes.
- Par bake pizza dough for 7 to 8 minutes at 500-550°F or until crust starts to lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and top with 12 Grande Avorio® slices leaving 1/2-inch border around the outer edge.
- Add 9 oz. tomato sauce diagonally across pie.
- Place pizza back into oven and bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted, crust is golden and tomato sauce is warm.
- Remove pizza and garnish with Grande Parmesan, oregano and garlic oil.