Dough Balls Yield: Approximately 7 dough balls
- 53 oz. 00 Flour
- 29 oz. Grande Fior·di·Latte brine
- 5 oz. Excess milk, strained cheese
- 0.01 oz. Fresh yeast, if needed
- 0.02 oz. Sea salt
- Pour out 28 oz. of Grande Fior·di·Latte brine and set aside in cooler.
- Cut Grande Fresh Mozzarella and place in cooler for 4 hours to let excess milk separate from cheese. Mix the excess milk from the cheese into the brine and place in cooler until needed.
- Pour the 28 oz. Grande Fior·di·Latte brine and 5 oz. of excess milk into a mixing bowl and add 0.02 oz. sea salt to dissolve. Add 18 oz. of flour and mix for 2 minutes. If needed, add 0.01 oz. of fresh yeast. Gradually add another 18 oz. of the flour – it should take 5 minutes.
- As the dough forms, start kneading the dough on a hard surface and gradually add the remaining 18 oz. of flour.
- Place the dough in a covered bin leaving at least half of it empty to allow expansion of the dough during fermentation.
- Rest in a cool ambient or fermentation room for 10 hrs.
- Form dough balls of 10 oz. and place them in a covered dough trays for 6 to 8 hours at room temperature.
Variazioni su un tema Caprese Pizza Yield: One 12" Pizza
- 8 Grape tomatoes, fresh, halved
- 5 Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tsp. Capers
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Bread crumbs, unseasoned
- Oregano, to taste
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 1/2 oz. Grande Ovoline Fresh Mozzarella, julienned
- 5 basil leaves
- Olive oil and oregano, to taste
Variazioni su un tema Caprese Pizza
- Mix grape tomatoes, Kalamata olives, capers, minced garlic, and extra virgin olive oil in mixing bowl.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place the mixed ingredients on a sheet tray covered in parchment and pour breadcrumbs on top.
- Cover sheet pan with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes at 300°F.
- Remove aluminum foil and finish baking for 10 minutes at 300°F.
- Set in cooler for 50 to 60 minutes or until ready to use.
- Stretch pizza dough to 12” round.
- Place the fresh basil on the crust and spread the mixed tomato sauce on top of the basil.
- Top with Grande Ovoline Fresh Mozzarella and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake at 750°F for 2 to 3 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Remove pizza from oven and garnish with fresh basil.