IngredientsWaffle Iron Cheese Yield: 8 wedges
- 7 oz. Grande Provolone or Mozzarella, cut in two 1/2-inch slices
- Flour, as needed
- Egg, beaten, as needed
- Plain breadcrumbs, as needed
- Olive oil cooking spray, as needed
- 2 oz. (1/4 cup) Dipping sauce (such as red sauce, salsa or Buffalo ranch sauce)
DirectionsWaffle Iron Cheese
- Cut each 1/2-inch thick slice of Grande Provolone or Mozzarella into quarters.
- Dredge each cheese quarter in flour, dip in egg and coat in breadcrumbs. Spray both sides of each lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Coat waffle iron generously with waffle iron cooking spray; working in several batches, arrange breaded cheese quarters in waffle iron, close lid gently and heat for 60 seconds or until golden. Remove from waffle iron.
- Arrange 8 waffle iron-grilled cheese wedges on appetizer plate with 2 oz. dipping sauce.