Are you ready to greatly increase the awareness of your restaurant? Start getting active on social media.
According to the Pew Research Center, over two-thirds of American adults (69%) use social networking sites. Facebook has the most engaged users – 74% log on daily. Instagram is seeing more significant growth than other social platforms over the past few years. Today 37% of online adults use Instagram, compared to 28% in 2016. Additionally, 64% of 18-29 year olds use Instagram.1
Keep in mind that some social media platforms are more successful in promoting restaurants, so that will be the focus of the suggestions below.
Create a Facebook Page
- Use visuals like photos and video along with your text to quickly grab attention.
- Create all of your content at the beginning of the week and use the Facebook schedule tool to save time.
- Provide useful information without appearing too self-serving. Share tips and also communicate promotions, events and discounts.
- Consider Facebook paid advertising for your business.
- To create a Facebook page, click here.
Tweet It Out
- Twitter works best for short messages like daily specials, promotions, events, menu updates, photos, and more.
- Link to your website’s menu to make it easier for diners to make that meal-time decision.
- Create messages that your followers want to re-tweet, allowing you to reach even more potential customers.
- Ready to join Twitter? Join here.
Share on Instagram
- Instagram is ideal for highlighting your menu and photos of your restaurant. It is integrated with Facebook, so your posted pictures will show up in both places.
- Try photo contests on Instagram – it encourages your customers to upload their images that will build your photo library for all to view.
- Use hashtags to help you get discovered by members of your target audience who are searching for something specific. By using hashtags that are of interest to your ideal customer, you can increase the chances of being found.
- To start sharing on Instagram, click here.
Publicize on Pinterest
- Create your Pinterest restaurant page with various boards for menu items, quality ingredients, pizza pairings, special events, and more.
- Develop unique pins for each board and re-pin other content to increase engagement to your pages.
- Get started on Pinterest by clicking here.
Set Up Google Alerts
Get Listed on Yelp
- Users can provide reviews of restaurants and also read reviews others have created.
- If you don’t have a Yelp page yet, claim it by submitting your business details to show you are the owner.
- Once you have claimed your page, be sure to visit often and respond to reviews, both positive and negative.
- Yelp also has additional features for your restaurant like an online ordering system and an online reservation system.
Need quality content?
We’ve got you covered with downloadable posts featuring quality ingredients messaging, holidays and more. View our social content here.