You have built your business on your commitment to using high quality ingredients, and your customers can taste the difference. While certain ingredients require your time and attention, the sliced cheese that you use on your signature pie or sandwich doesn’t have to be one of them! Slicing your own cheese may be cutting into your profits with unnecessary labor costs and food waste.
In 2019, the U.S. saw an average wage increase of 3.4%, representing the largest wage increase since 2009. As states and cities across the U.S. continue to increase their minimum wage, it generates more concerns for restaurant operators already inundated by escalating expenses. In fact, 64% of operators agree that managing labor costs is a major challenge.*
In the kitchen, every second counts. A study conducted by Grande Cheese shows that it takes an average of 70 minutes to slice a case of cheese. Leveraging pre-sliced cheeses allows you and your kitchen staff to focus on creating the pizza and dishes your customers love.
Beyond managing labor costs, pre-sliced cheeses can also help reduce product waste and provide you with consistent portion control.
Benefits of Pre-Sliced cheese
- Consistency – Slices are a consistent size, shape and weight every time to help you manage your food costs.
- Quality – Convenient resealable pouch with interleaf promotes freshness and simplifies handling, maintaining quality and taste.
- Improve labor costs – Time needed to slice cheese and clean-up is eliminated, allowing your employees to spend more time with customers.
- Reduce waste – Slicing in-house can lead to unusable pieces, leaving cheese and profits in your slicer.
- Improve employee safety – Save money on your insurance costs by eliminating the risk of slicer related injuries.
- Customer satisfaction – Consistent slice sizes provide great coverage on menu applications and excellent cheese flavor every time!
Available in four product varieties, Grande’s sliced Whole Milk Mozzarella, Part-Skim Mozzarella, Provo•Nello® Provolone and Deli Style Provolone are perfect for sandwiches, pizza and more.